Saturday, October 26, 2013

Comments from RMC students on their PMP exams.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I passed fortunately and I can definitely testify that the class was exactly what I needed,
ESPECIALLY THE GAP SHEET !!! I spent about 20 hours studying after taking the class and it worked wonders.

Then the exam came - I must say the confidence I had going in was quickly erased. The first 20-30 questions seemed to have me spinning and I keep assuming every question was a trick and the answer should be anything but my default selection. During the test I used my scratch paper to document 'second choice' answers on any of the trick questions. I had about 40 questions with the 'second choice' options - after review the majority were unchanged. I completed the test in just over three hours.

I finally couldn’t stand it any more and pushed score. Instead of seeing pass or fail they asked me to take a survey!

Had I attempted to take the exam without the course, I would be left to wonder why my 18+ years of project management experience and training would have failed me.

Additionally, I have applied the principles of the PMBOK as taught by RMC to successfully manage the projects I am currently assigned to. Your course has provided real-world, practical advice and guidance.

I did see some terms in the questions that I hadn't seen before.

I did complete the test and the review of marked questions comfortably within the 4 hours. [I missed questions because…] I just didn't pay attention to the execution process warning flags. They were there, I just passed them by with the "Oh, I know that stuff" rationalization. (You know the process. You read the question, don't know the answer, you peek at the answer, then you say "I knew that, I just couldn't remember 'cuz there's so much new information running through my mind right now." That's the warning flag and it's so easy to disregard because "You know that stuff."

I passed the PMP exam yesterday. What a relief - I love knowing I will never have to take it again.

The earned value formulas from the class and book helped me get at least five questions right!

The terminology was a little different in some places but I got around that pretty easily. Other than that it wasn’t too bad. The questions were tricky.

After struggling with a few [questions], I decided to immediately mark and skip each of them, so as to not distract my focus on other questions, then go back after getting through the rest of the test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket